MELTED APPLE CRUMBLE!!!
The coolest thing about this is that all of the ingredients can be bought zero waste and trash free. Find a co-op or bulk section in your grocery store and they have everything you need. It always helps me to remember why you are going to these lengths to not create trash/live minimal. We are in the day and age that we can no longer afford to live life without responsibility. If we want to continue to enjoy our earth and the fresh air, we need to act like our choices depend on it….because IT DOES. This new industrial world has somehow created an easy space in our minds to be careless with what we buy when that is truly all that matters. Every action has a reaction. Lets make them count!
Base and top crumble:
2 cups almond flour or half with coconut flour too (I make almond flour myself, click HERE to do it too!)
1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey or whatever sweetener you have! mix and match!)
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (any spices you want)
3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups diced and cored apples (Compost your cores!!)
1/3 cup maple syrup or anything you prefer (sweeten to taste)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (any spice you would like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or olive oil.
2. Mix ingredients of base/crumble in big bowl and set aside. Toss the apple mixture in bowl and set aside.
3. Spread most of your mix on the bottom of your loaf pan, patting down lightly to form the bottom crust. Save some mix for your crumble topping!
4. Pour your apple mixture and even out throughout pan.
5. Take the rest of your mix and spread throughout the top of the apples. Pat down lightly assuring the crumble gets in between the apples!
6. Bake for 30-50 minutes depending on the texture you want. If you want it more crumbly and fall apart gooey do less and if you want more of a bar texture, do more! Enjoy!