SIMPLE APPLE CAKE!!
This was one of my favorites because of how light, fluffy, yet moist it was. I tried THIS recipe and it was absolutely amazing so I tweaked it to to fit what I could get in bulk and what I already had in my kitchen. It has lemon zest so it makes for a really beautiful and unique flavor. It would be really yummy with some home made frosting but I did without because I thought it would be a simple and perfect breakfast treat with some earthy and milky tea.
So for this recipe you are going to need to make apple sauce! Which is easy!
1. Take at least 4 apples ( I used about 10 so I had plenty of leftovers for a snack)
2. Dice them all up (compost your cores!)
3. Throw them in a big pot with about a cup of water. Not too much but just enough for the apples to boil down with them.
4. Put in maple syrup or honey or brown sugar with any spices! I used cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Cover and wait. Stir occasionally.
6. BOOM. Its done when you have a mushy or mostly mushy consistency. YUM.
2 cups apple sauce
Zest from one meyer lemon (or regular)
1/2 cup maple syrup (or any sweetener you have)
1/3 cup coconut oil or olive oil
2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Puree all the wet ingredients with the lemon zest together
2. In separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
3. Pour wet ingredients slowly into dry ingredients and stir til combined.
4. Pour straight into your pan and into the oven!
5. Bake about 50 minutes or until the cake springs back up when you lightly touch it.