Easiest recipe of all! So satisfying and flavorful and you don't need unnecessary packaged condiments! The veggies are local and/or organic and I got the rice and spices in bulk!
Ingredients for TRIO:
1 sweet potato (cubes)
2 beets or 5 baby beets (cubes)
2 big carrots
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. After making carrots, sweet potatoes, and beets into equal sized cubes; toss in olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper or any spices you like (cumin, paprika etc…)
3. Put on baking sheet and roast in oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden and soft.
Ingredients for cilantro-lime rice:
1 cup rice (or amount to your liking)
small handful of chopped cilantro
1-2 tblspns of olive oil or butter
2 cups water
1 lime wedge
1 garlic clove (minced)
salt to taste
WHAT TO DO
1. Put olive oil, jalapeño slices and minced garlic cloves on pan on medium heat and let aromas release
2. When garlic slightly browns, throw in rice and toss every now and then for 5 minutes until rice is golden and semi transparent. Add salt and any spice you want while rice is cooking (cumin, etc…)
3. Stir in water and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and cover for 20-25 minutes.
5. When rice is done, stir in chopped cilantro and squeeze lime wedge.
Prepare simultaneously and when both done, serve on plate and season if need be, garnish with fresh jalapeño slices and cilantro. YUM, Enjoy!