Another easy and earth sustainable recipe! So yummy and perfect as a side soup or filling enough as a main course. A dense, warm, and perfectly balanced recipe. I got this recipe and tweaked only slightly from Yummybeet!
4-5 Parsnips cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium sized onion (cut into large pieces pieces)
5 garlic cloves
2 cups of cooked white beans
1 tbspn of rosemary (dried or fresh)
salt/pepper/lemon to taste
6 cups vegetable stock or water
1/4 cup pepitas to garnish (toast on pan with balsamic, olive oil and salt til golden brown and crispy for about 5 minutes on medium)
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread your cut parsnips, onions and garlic on a baking pan and season/toss with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
3. Roast for about an hour until golden and soft, occasionally turning them all. Take out of oven and let cool.
4. In two batches take cooled down roasted items and mix in blender or food processor with lemon juice, white beans, and veggie stock til smooth.
5. Transfer to big pot and let simmer til warm and ready.
6. Serve and garnish with roasted pepitas, olive oil and grape balsamic. YUM!