VEGAN GLUTEN FREE MOLASSES COOKIES
My grandma, Sasa, truly makes the best molasses cookies there ever was. They had tons of white sugar, real butter, milk, and full gluten flour in it. I haven’t had those in about 10 years so I really cannot tell you that these are like those - but I can say that these are so delicious and hit the right spot. Haha, what a way to start this post eh?! Anyhow, molasses cookies are the perfect fall treat for me and these are incredibly easy to make!
-2 cups gluten free flour ( I bought a 50 lb paper bag of Pamelas GF flour and love it)
-1.5 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 cup coconut sugar (or any other sugar you’d like)
-6 TBSP unsulphured molasses
-6 TBSP vegan butter (mine is a coconut oil and olive oil mix. Any oil will work!
-4 TBSP aquafaba (the juice from a can of chickpeas)
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon of each - ginger powder, cardamom, nutmeg
-2 TBSP of a granulated sugar (coconut, brown etc..) for rolling the dough balls in it
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and either line a baking sheet with compostable parchment, use a reusable silicone mat, or grease a baking sheet with oil.
2. Mix in all the dry ingredients (except for sugar) in one bowl.
3. In separate bowl, mix in all the wet including the sugar.
4. Pour the dry in with the wet and mix until combined.
5. Refrigerate or freeze the dough until you are able to roll into balls without being sticky.
6. Take out of fridge or freezer and roll into balls.
7. Dip the balls in the sugar and place onto your sheet, flatten them with your palm just a little.
8. Bake for 7-9 minutes. The less you bake, the more chewy they will be!
*** I also LOVE freezing them for storage. They are so delicious when frozen - PSA this is my personal preference - please don’t hate me if you think it tastes nasty. Byyyeeeeeee ***